Hi everyone,
Wow! I am really behind! I need to go all the way back to the 4th of July. We spent the holiday in Alpine, TX with our good friends Katie and Philip. Alpine is Philip's hometown so we went back for some small town fun for the 4th. While there we ate a lot of good home town, hole-in-the-wall-type foods including the best lemonade I've ever had! We shot guns, yes even me. I shot a double barrel shot gun and almost hit the clay target flying through the air. I only tried once because it really hurts when it kicks against your shoulder. We also went on a really long hike and it actually took us longer to get down than it did to go up!
The area is beautiful! There are a lot of hills/mountains and the terrain is very dessert-like. We drove around Philip's ranch and got chased by some cows that were real mad that we didn't bring them any food!
We also of course watched fireworks and enjoyed a parade! On the way home we bought some peaches in a town called Fredricksburg and they were delicious!
We had a great time and are so blessed to have such wonderful friends!
We had a great time and are so blessed to have such wonderful friends!
One view from the house we stayed in
The houe we stayed in
The four of us at the top of the mountain we climbed (yes, it was tall enough to not be a hill)
No comments:
Post a Comment