Sunday, August 2, 2009

Second Triathlon...Check


Well, I've now officially completed two triathlons and I'm definately hooked. Today I did one that was a 500m swim, a 14 mile bike and a 3 mile run. My personal goal was to finish in an hour and a half and I finished in one hour and 25 minutes, so I was pleased with that. I also improved on the pace of my run, from 8 minutes and something seconds per mile, to 7 minutes 17 seconds per mile.
A lot of the people I've been training with entered the race too, so it was fun to be on the course and see people that you knew that you could encourage and who also encouraged you.
The swim was less scary this time around and I did not run into a person swimming the back stroke this time. :)

Here are some pictures!








This is the 'alien' look for the swim before the race started!













Me coming out of the water. I am in the green shirt, not the sports bra just in case you can't tell!














Me almost to the finish line!

1 comment: