I don't know what else to title this post. It is my most common word used this year at school. I have never experienced anything like the year I am having. In the past I thought people were crazy for getting burned out over their job, but now I understand where that is coming from. It is a combination of kid number one, data, three year olds, kid number two, data, ever-changing curriculum, kid number three who clawed kid number four in the neck today, data, 'oh, could you please change your room to look like this', kid number five, 'could you please switch _____ and ______ in their small groups for the millionth time', kid number six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, and twelve who have turned three within the last four months and are clueless, data, walking 18 three and four year olds down a forever long hallway to the playground, kid number thirteen who thinks its fun to flop on the ground 30-40 times a day in a four hour period while screaming, more data, 10 kids on the autism spectrum, one kid with Down's Syndrome, kid number forteen who likes to eat the rice in the sensory table, ARD meetings where no one listens to the teacher who works with the kid all day (after all what do I know), kid number fifteen who imitates EVERYTHING kid numbers one, two, and three say and/or do, data, kid number sixteen who likes to run away while looking back at you and smiling, data, kid number seventeen who will have an accident in his pants before he will just go to the bathroom if its not the next item on his schedule, did I mention data?, and finally kid number 18 who just started today after turning three last week.
Thanks for letting me vent! I'm sure none of that makes a bit of sense, but welcome to the world of my brain on a 24/7 basis. Too many kids and not enough hands is the moral of this story. I feel like I play 'Wack a Mole' everyday. I get one situated and then I turn around and another one is out of wack and on and on the day goes.
I keep thinking 'it will get better, its the beginning of the year'. Um...surprise! It's now November! I've resigned myself to the fact that this is going to be the norm for this school year! Thus, the title. I need it and the kids need it from me if we are all going to survive!
It used to be that my job was birth control. Now, I'm starting to think that if I get off birth control and have a child of my own life would be great! Only one to worry about, not 18! And... the only crazy parent to deal with is myself! :)
How many days until Thanksgiving break?
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally get it. My life with my own kids is pretty crazy still, but at least I can spank them. ; )
ReplyDelete