Thursday, May 7, 2009

2 days and counting...

Well, the triathlon is almost here. When I stop and think about it, I get butterflies. I will be starting the race at 8:18am on Sunday morning. Sad news, I will be doing the race by myself. Jason got hurt on Sunday and has seperated the cartlidge from his ribs and is in a lot of pain. The doctor told him doing the triathlon would not be a wise idea. Bummer! So, he'll be there to cheer me on. One swim tonight, a run in the morning, a short bike and run on Saturday and that's it!
We had my parents visit two weekends ago and we had a great time! I am so blessed to have the parents I do. The guys played golf and my mom and I went shopping and got manicures and pedicures together. Then on Monday my mom and dad came to school with me and got to meet all my kids and see what I do every day. My dad left at lunch time to head further south to visit his dad and my mom stayed the entire day. My dad was in the housekeeping center being coaxed into pretending to eat a carrot and I believe the quote of the day was, "It's only 10:30am?" "It feels like the day should be over by now." I really enjoyed having them there to watch me do what I love to do because they played a huge part in me being where I am today.
School is keeping me VERY busy! I don't think it will stop until June 3rd when school is over! I had two new kids start over the past two weeks and they are wearing me out. I forget how clueless they are when they are just starting. I've been very spoiled by how 'trained' they all are. I don't know how I make it through the beginning of the year when they are all like that.
I'll let everyone know how the race goes. Pray for me! I'm sure I'll have some great stories about all the things I forget to do, but it is sure to be quite the experience. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment