Whew! It has been so busy here! Jason has been super busy at work which I'm trying not to complain about since he has a job, but it has been tough. I've been busy at school still transitioning quite a few of my kids to kindergarten and preparing things for new kids coming in. I have two new kids starting next week and three more meetings on kids that are turning three over the summer and will start with me next year. As of right now I already have 11 kids with special needs and 6 staff kids lined up for next year. Yikes! We've also been training for the triathlon which is less than a month away so that is taking up quite a bit of time as well.
This last weekend we enjoyed having Eric and Jessica come and visit for Easter. They arrived later on Thursday evening and left early Monday morning. We kept ourselves very busy while they were here and had a great time.
On Thursday evening we went straight to dinner at a wing place called Pluckers because they were starving after their flight had been delayed by 4 hours! Friday, we got up and lounged around in the morning (Jason had to work) then we drove an hour out to the house Jason is working on for the 2009 Austin Parade of Homes so they could see the project and then we ate lunch there. After lunch we went downtown and walked around sightseeing a little bit including going in the capital for a little while. Friday evening we went out to eat with all our bible study friends and then everyone came over to our place to play games.
Saturday we slept in, Jessica and I worked out and then we went to an area called the Domain (lots of little shops with crazy big price tags) and walked around and then that evening we went to watch the AAA baseball team play.
Sunday was church and an Easter brunch at a place called Stubb's. It was great food and they had a gospel choir singing while the buffet was being served. Nap time and then to the driving range inspired by the beautiful day and watching the Master's and out to eat again that evening and then off to the airport with Jason early Monday morning. It was a good time!
I am attempting my first field trip tomorrow. Pray for no rain! We are actually having a petting zoo come to our school so the kids can pet and feed lots of different animals. I am most excited to see the pig! Hopefully it goes well.
This weekend it will be more triathlon training, our school carnival, and meeting up with friends to go listen to Philip play and sing at Starbucks.
That's all I can think of for now. I am trying to use the computer before Jason gets home because we have to finish our taxes tonight! Nothing like waiting until the last minute, I know. :)
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment