Well, as you might have gathered from my last post, this school year has gotten off to a rough start. However, things are starting to look up. My wonderful family came to my rescue a couple of weeks ago and it has made a world of difference. Most of my stress was coming from the fact that I felt like I wasn't able to get ahead with what I was wanting to do at school. So...mom, Jessica, Aunt Barbara and Valarie came down for a weekend and helped me work in my classroom! It was AWESOME! The weight that is off my shoulders since then is remarkable. We worked on Saturday from 9am to 6pm and then cut out some more laminating at my house later that evening. It was fun, but let me tell you how we knew our brains were friend toward the end of the day:
One of the things we were working on was making some winter type hands-on activities to go in my centers so my mom and Aunt Barbara were coloring and cutting out gingerbread men and gingerbread houses. Here is how the conversation went:
Mom: 'What color do you want your buttons Mr. Gingerbread Man?'
Silence
Mom: 'I can't hear you!'
Good times and yes, Aunt Barbara had her scissors packed in her purse. :)
There are still rough patches in every day, like today when we were walking down the hall on the way to lunch (always a disaster) and one kid tripped over another and before I knew it, four of them were on the ground. Dominoes! However, I have a bright moment everyday that reminds me why I do what I do. I think God gave me this year with these kids to remind me how much I need to lean on Him for strength and wisdom.
My most recent and consistent bright moment is one of my brand new little boys who came to me at the beginning of the year full of meltdowns and knowing the word 'fish'. That's it. Now I hear him say at least five new words every day and his smile will melt your heart. Sweet, sweet boy.
Well, time to go cook dinner and then off to volleyball. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kristyn...I found your blog through matt and jessica's. I needed to read your blog tonight! My school year has been ROUGH!!! My kids are the most challenging I've ever had! Thank your for reminding me that God has placed each child in my classroom for a reason and that I can't do it all on my own...I often forget that!!! And your previous post...I totally get it!
ReplyDelete